Saturday, May 5, 2007

Indy 500 Mini Marathon




Danielle inspired me two weeks ago to walk Indy's annual Mini Marathon.... yep, 13.1 miles. I had only been doing about 2 miles/day, but thought "heck, anything's possible. The pioneers did it in narrow boots. I can do it in deluxe Nike shoes." At one point in the race, we even sang, "Pioneer Children Sang As They Walked". Wow, those people inspire me. Our dear friend Jessica got us tickets to enter the race at the last minute. Thanks Friend! We owe you big time. What an awesome feeling to cross that finish line. We did it Danielle! Way to go.

May 5, 2007, 6:20 a.m. Just ate my Wheaties.

After the race. We walked/ran it in approximately 3 1/2 hours ("trotted" the last quarter of a mile).


I left Abby on the bed for a brief moment when we got home and found her with my medal wrapped around her neck. I guess she wanted to feel like a winner too!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Way to go Ange!! You inspire me to train for some type of marathon. Nice job!

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

Can I just say you look dang hot for having just finished 13.1 miles... I'm scary red in the face with hair flying everywhere in my pictures :)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Andrea! I'm so glad you and Danielle had a good time. You guys look great. I couldn't get the video to come up, but the close up on that guy's red nose is freakin' me out. I'll try it again later..cause it's Monday and I REALLY don't want to work. But really, do I ever want to work?

Rachel Durazzani said...

So, I did it! I signed up for the Provo River 1/2 Marathon! Thanks to you and Erika! Wish me luck!!!